RE: Assignment of Qualities to Men and Women Photographers

Ronald J. Silvers (rsilvers@oise.on.ca)
Wed, 5 Jun 1996 11:47:08 -0400 (EDT)

Russell Cothren,

Please don't go! None of us (which of course includes myself) is
**fail-safe** in conveying our intented remarks.

The thing about list interchanges is that we find meanings in messages
beyond those intended by the writer. And we feel free to inform the
writer about what we find.

When that happens to us (when we receive such responses to our own
messages), we have an opportunity to recognize implications of what we
wrote.

So I must say in this regard, thanks Judy for correcting (in your June 5th
message) my misinterpretation of your earlier comment. Yes, my wording
did imply that there was a conscious policy by men to exclude women from
exhibitions and authorship in photographic magazines--which, as you point
out, was not a part of your or Ginger's original description.

Russell, I hope to read future messages by you on this list.

ron