Re: vs Physiology vs sensitometry

Jim Spiri (plyboy@teleport.com)
Fri, 14 Jun 1996 13:18:10 -0700 (PDT)

At 01:39 AM 6/15/96 +1000, you wrote:
>>> Jim Spiri said :
>>> Nah, Emerson gave up photography after he started skateboarding
>Their
>>'actinograph' indeed fooled Mr Emerson as he came off the shoulder, sped
>>down the slope and stubbed his toe.
>>
>>Jacques Fulltone
>> **Nature is the Pencil of the Eye**
>
>Come on guys, admit it. You set us up for that one! Thanks for adding
>some lightness to the dark tones.
>
>Mike Robinson

Actually, no. But i was well pleased with "Jacques'" response, catching the
subtle Husker Du subtext... (disclaimer: we didn't set it up, but i was his
student once...)

And Carson is right, Emerson didn't give up photography, he just stopped
jawing and continued working. He realized he wasn't doing what he was saying
he was doing, but *was* doing what he was doing...

"writing about music is like dancing about architecture" -attr. to Laurie
Anderson (who got it from Steve Martin)

Plywood and Rhetoric
graphic design from both sides of the brain
plyboy@teleport.com
http://www.teleport.com/~plyboy
"Momma DID raise a fool"