Re: Deionised ossein

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Sun, 23 Jun 1996 15:43:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 23 Jun 1996, TERRY KING wrote:
Judy wrote:
> I have never seen *any* gelatine "gel" on the
> surface, except in a cold room in winter, say, below 65 degrees F."
>
> It's colder than here now at noon on the day after mid-summers day.

Yes of course. I totally forgot. And I forgot the open loo window in
January, too. Sorry about that. (So come size your paper in NYC. And it is
gorgeous here today. The good day for the year no doubt: 80 degrees F, air
balmy after the rain, the daughter's hemlock filling the yard, chirping of
birds in the birdbath, the first 2 day lilies in bloom and out back as
silent as the end of a dirt road in Iowa -- neighbors all gone to France
and the Hamptons for the weekend.)

> Somebody has cornered the market in water here.

Maybe not enough people use contact lenses & steam irons.

But the question you didn't answer: Since it's going into tap water for
the development anyway, why use purified to make the gelatine? Is
deionized so pure it goes into shock when exposed to vulgar reality?

Also, Terry, remember the carets! I have trouble separating my questions
from your answers, others presumably ditto.

And permit me to tack on a note about acrylic-bichromate here, to save folks
having to pay for another message: After you told me that you used
acrylic paint for gum printing, I tried it also, Terry. I found it did
work within limits -- it tended to need brushing (which I try to avoid)
and not if you saturated the color, as I like to do. All of which could be
adjusted to for a reason -- but I didn't see the advantage... (Which is..... ?)

Judy