Re: Archives

Greg Schmitz (gws1@columbia.edu)
Tue, 9 Jul 1996 14:15:28 -0400 (EDT)

Rita,

Welcome to alt-photo, I hope you get to make some new friends here - I
know I have. Volume on the list has more than doubled in the past
year and in general the quality of the content does not seem to have
slipped at all. Most of the people who use the list are active
workers or have a good sense of what is going on so sometimes people
get a bit uppity, or ignore, entry level questions. To find out about
the archives you will have to enlist the services of
listproc@cse.unsw.edu.au. I believe the command to see a list of what
is available is "INDEX alt-photo-process" (sans quotes). Send the
command to the listprocessor as the body of your message. The GET
command is used to retrieve the archives. For more information about
how to use the GET command and for other commands available send the
listprocessor a message that just says HELP.

Good luck!!

-greg schmitz

On Tue, 9 Jul 1996 RGCARNES@aol.com wrote:

> I am new to this mailing list, and so I will introduce myself.... I am an
> amateur photographer, 35 mm and 4x5. I enjoy darkroom work and have been
> interested in alternative processes for a while. So far, I have only done
> some cyanotype prints, but am getting ready to try bromoil -- I am intrigued
> by the amount of control the bromoil process allows over the print quality.
>
> I have seen several references to "the archives." Can someone tell me in on
> what/where the archives are and how to access them?
>
> Rita Carnes
> Albuquerque, New Mexico
>

>===for PGP Key finger Greg Schmitz <gws1@cunix.cc.columbia.edu>===
:: ::
Key fingerprint = 73 D3 91 15 96 69 74 E5 14 51 71 44 C8 ED 01 11
Key ID: A7026B1D Key Size: 1024 bits Created: 1994/11/10