Re: Archives (public apology to Steve)

Daniel Silva (djsilva@ehecatl.sis.uia.mx)
Tue, 9 Jul 1996 16:57:44 -0500

This is the perfect oportunity to make a public apology to Steve:
Some weeks ago someone retrieved or at least try to retrive, the whole
catalog of archives from the FAQ site.

Using another email address, it was me who did such a stupid thing. The
reason I did it was because I figured that since I was retriving it from a
webpage, my actions would not disturb the mailing list or any other
subscriber. I never thought it would create such a mess to Steve. I didn't
appologise any sooner to let things calm down, as Steve suggested.

My advice would be, just like Steve told all when that happened, to fetch a
few archives at a time and wait until you get that batch to ask for the next.

You can get the archives you've been hearing of from
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg/photo/faq.html

And to Steve Avery, and all who were in anyway affected by my missuse of
this service, please receive my deepest appology.

>I have seen several references to "the archives." Can someone tell me in on
>what/where the archives are and how to access them?
>
>Rita Carnes
>Albuquerque, New Mexico

Daniel Silva
"Let there be light... and someone to capture it"

_/_/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/_/ djsilva@ehecatl.sis.uia.mx
_/ _/ Daniel Silva Troop Q.
_/_/_/_/_/ _/ Presa 206-2 San Jeronimo
_/ _/ Mexico D.F. 010200