Re: Archives (public apology to Steve)

Steve Avery (stevea@sedal.usyd.edu.AU)
Wed, 10 Jul 1996 11:44:32 +1000

Daniel Silva wrote:

> This is the perfect oportunity to make a public apology to Steve:
> Some weeks ago someone retrieved or at least try to retrive, the whole
> catalog of archives from the FAQ site.

Just to ensure everyone that I am not an ogre that lives in the
archives waiting for unsuspecting people (or goats) to pass by...

Everyone makes mistakes. It just happened at a bad time (I hate monday
mornings), and I needed to vent my spleen. It was bound to happen
eventually, and gave me the opportunity to lay down some rules. At the
moment, the only place the archives are available is from the listproc.
Gord did ask me about problems that might happen with setting up the
form for retrieving the archives, so it's partly my fault for not
thinking about such problems in advance.

Daniel's forgiven :-)

cheers
-steve

p.s. Daniel, if you give me the email address of the account from which
you retrieved the archives, I'll remove them from the blacklist...