Re: Enlarged Negatives + Inter Positives for Palladium

Albert Strauss (a.strauss@worldnet.att.net)
Wed, 10 Jul 1996 01:26:37 GMT

At 02:49 AM 7/9/96 +0000, you wrote:
>I'm just getting started with Gum printing and Cyanotype, and have
>found it difficult to find large format negative film (not to mention
>the cost per sheet). Has anyone tried to use ortho lith film? It's
>significantly cheaper per sheret and is redilly available in large
>sizes (used in the offset printing process). It's supposed to be
>processsed in an A/B developer to produce high contrast negatives. What
>I'd like to know is, has anyone tried such film using a POTA developer
>which is supposed to yeild very low contrast and wide range (up to 20
>stops). I think if you use this developer with the litho film you'd get
>resonable gradation.

A film that you may find much easier to use, is commercial ortho which is a
continuous ortho film. This film can be developed in almost any print or
film developer. I have used HC-110 and Dektol with great success and I can
control the gamma very easily.

Price from Photo Warehouse:

8x10 25 sheets 31.50
11x14 25 sheets 63.75