Re: Gum Arabic and Baum

Jeff Stanford (jeff.stanford@mailbox.swipnet.se)
Thu, 11 Jul 1996 09:31:14 +0200

Judy Seigel wrote:

> Jeff has added nicely to the sum total of human knowledge with list
> above. Now if only he or Terry will tell us hygrometer(hydrometer?)less
> persons, what and where you get one, we can make our own lists.

The Hygrometer is for measuring humidity.
The Hydrometer is for Baume or Specific Gravity.

> It does occur to me to wonder if the hydr/hygrometer is calibrated along
> some absolute scale, because I suspect discrepancies between instruments,
> or by elevation, or air pressure, or whatever, not to mention latitude &
> longitude. How accurate is it? How much liquid do you need to float it?
The chemical supply company where I bought mine has at least 10 different
kinds with various scales. Mine needs at least 180ml liquid to float well.

Hope this helps

--
Jeff Stanford  PhotoGum
Petrejusv. 32, 121 38 Stockholm Sweden