Re: Gum Bichromate Kit from Photo. Formulary

Albert Strauss (a.strauss@worldnet.att.net)
Fri, 19 Jul 1996 00:38:10 GMT

At 08:19 PM 7/18/96 +0000, you wrote:
>I am wondering if anyone has at one point tired the Gum Bichromate Kit
>available from Photopraher's Formulary and how your experience was using it.
>Can one make a successful print with the kit? (I have experience in
>photography and darkroom but not gum printing, and I just want to try it).

I tried the gum kit from PF, and yes you can make decent prints from it.
The monochrome kit consists of their liquid gum, a small tube of black water
color,
a packet of ammonium dichromate, and a packet of sodium bisulfite (for
clearing excess dichromate), and instructions which are copied from a Steve
Anchell aarticle.
They give you a generous amount of material, and the instructions work. You
probably
will want to go out and by some additional water colors as lamp black does
not seem
to work particularly well with gum.

Hope this helps

Al

BTW - you will need an appropriate light source. If you need advice check the
archives.