Re: Gum Bichromate Kit from Photo. Formulary

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Sat, 20 Jul 1996 00:15:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 20 Jul 1996 FotoDave@aol.com wrote:
> Now it seems like the difference is only on Steve Anchell's article. Is it
> extrodinary? I have Scopic's book and have access to Keepers of Light and a
> few other books in the library (a good one that I like - I forgot the name of
> the author - is by a female author with plenty of step-by-step pictures of
> probably herself making prints in different processes).

No the article is not extraordinary -- well it is in one sense, having a
lot less error than Scopick, Blacklowe (which is probably the one you're
describing), Kuren, and other current manuals.

However, you can probably get it at the library: Camera and Darkroom,
March 1993.

And while you're at it, get part 2, April 1993, about tricolor gum. This
is to a certain extent obsoleted by digital color negatives, but is still
clear, correct & concise.

Judy