Re: Dichromate/ size/tricolor/pigment

Peter Charles Fredrick (pete@fotem.demon.co.uk)
Sun, 21 Jul 1996 15:54:59 +0000

Hello Macy,

Bernard Boudreau wrote:

> I have found, at least with Windsor Newton Cad. Yellows,
>that they are not as transparent as other colours and can degrade the shadows
>considerably if coated on top of the magenta and cyan coats.

>Macy Garcia wrote:

>Has anyone tried an synthetic yellows? Would these be more transparent?<

Yes I have used acrylics in my Fotempera process for a number of years, most
work quite well, but Liquitex artist colours are very good also Golden
acrylics take a lot of beating.A synthetic yellow can be completely
transparent and ideal for three colour. Try Hansa or Azo both are
transparent, print these yellow's last, the rational of this statment ,
I'm going to explain to Bernard in a reply to his e:mail.

Hope this helps pete