Re: UV light outputs?

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Thu, 25 Jul 1996 01:30:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 25 Jul 1996 CGSdesign@aol.com wrote:

> Just a thought here on the lamps, from no optical expert, but a marine
> aquarium keeper (and light is very important in my reef tank). Placing
> reflectors on the back of those lamps can over double your effective
> intensity. And could help minimize hot spots, if reflector was slightly
> diffused.

My tests have shown an amazing difference in print sharpness between just
plain fluorescent bulbs and bulbs with a reflector behind them. True, the
"reflector" was rather crinkled foil, but I decided when I noticed the
effect I could do without the extra "speed," especially since times were
already very short.

Perhaps someone else will test this. (And when I removed the foil I did
not notice *any* loss of speed.)

> <spraying grafitti in new neighborhoods> >

As for "spraying grafitti in new neighborhoods," I must protest. As one
living in and near neighborhoods debased and destroyed by grafitti, often
after heartbreaking efforts to revitalize them, I do not think the line by
a presumably college educated computer user living whereever, whether it
is intended to be literal or "virtual" is appropriate or amusing.

Judy