Re: Tissue for Carbon Print

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Sat, 27 Jul 96 10:17 BST-1

Pascal

My intention was certainly not to mislead or puzzle anyone. Here this is an
abbreviation in such common use that we never think of not using it - like
TV or BBC or PC. In fact I had even edited my original message in which I
had written FADS for this on the grounds that this might well be
inaccessible to the non-english residents.

You will find it in any reasonably up to date English dictionary. I would
recommend Collins English Dictionary to all readers of this list as it gives
good coverage of both US and British usage. Here you will find it (as
D.I.Y., which I think is now an outdated form). Definitely the dictionary to
use if you want to play Scrabble in English too.

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows, Dragonfire and elsewhere:
http://faraday.clas.virginia.edu/cgi-uva/cgiwrap/~ds8s/Niepce/peter-m.cgi
Family Pictures & Gay Pride: http://www.dragonfire.net/~gallery/