RE: Homemade Pigment Tissue?

Flesch Ba'lint (100263.262@CompuServe.COM)
29 Jul 96 00:49:18 EDT

Luis Nadeau wrote (Sat, 27 Jul 1996):

>>I used double weight fiber photopaper base material and gelatine sized
>>normal drawing paper.

>I would use DW fiber paper (fixed out and washed) as a final transfer
>paper. I would not use the same paper, or at least not the baryta coated
>size, to support the pigmented gelatin.

I got various papers from the Hungarian photographic material factory (Forte)
a few meters from the end of rolls (remainder) which was not useful of them.

So a part of these the papers without any coating but (a bit too) well
sized, because in a few cases the "developing" is too slow. (The paper
isolating the backside of the pigment tissue from water.) However,
it's working.

The most vicious thing: all processes of pigment need a sized paper-base,
except developing. The printing house used pigment papers had a solvent
soluble (water proof) layer on the backside of paper (true ResinCoated :-)
which was removable before water-developing. Good old times.

Balint Flesch

Ps: The main part of the world is a potential final transfer material
of the pigment. It is another question ;-).