Re: Gravure workshops

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Wed, 31 Jul 96 11:55 BST-1

Terry

Your reply seems at unnecessary length - perhaps you didn't see Steve's post
on unnecessary quoting? It also fails to add much to the comments already
made. Your post on which I commented WAS as you know admit an
overgeneralisation so far as the polymer gravure methods are concerned as I
pointed out. Why not just say so.

Your comment on safety in that original post on safety I think also glossed
over some very real dangers inherent in the process. If there is a better
and safer way we should welcome it.

My comments were not meant to be critical of you so far as the workshop was
concerned - I would certainly not normally do so on the list although since
you bring it up I do think that it would make more sense to teach students
not to use dichromate solutions etc without gloves.

However everything about safety in my post to which you refer seems to me to
be no more that a simple statement of the facts, so I think your comments
are unnecessary. Let's keep traffic down.

I shall not comment further, not least since I'll be in France for a couple
of weeks.

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows, Dragonfire and elsewhere:
http://faraday.clas.virginia.edu/cgi-uva/cgiwrap/~ds8s/Niepce/peter-m.cgi
Family Pictures & Gay Pride: http://www.dragonfire.net/~gallery/