Re: Pigment types (and order)

Mark A.Morrill (morri013@maroon.tc.umn.edu)
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 13:54:05

On Thu, 1 Aug 96 00:52:47 +1000,
alt-photo-process@cse.unsw.edu.au wrote...

>"Mark A.Morrill" <morri013@maroon.tc.umn.edu> writes:
>
>>If doing gum Printing it is my opinion that the yellow layer first is
>best,
>>because the yellow pigments usually have white in them for some reason,
>and
>>this white will change the way all previous layers appear.
>>

>The yellow printer inked well and everything went fine printing the
>first two layers, but when it came time to peel back the paper after
>the third run through the press, the point at which there are usually
>oohs and ahhs from the audience as they see the full color image
>finally revealed, there was just a disgusting yellow layer opaquely
>covering the rest of the image.
>

>Just a thought,
>
>Carson Graves
>carson@ileaf.com

I have experienced this to many times. Three color gum printing is a
challenge. I don't really expect to get results like a cibachrome print.
Part of the charm of gum printing is the kind of effects one can obtain.

I certainly would welcome a suggestion of a yellow that works well though.

Mark A. Morrill