Re: Homemade Pigment Tissue?

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 20:59:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 1 Aug 1996, Terry King wrote:
> . . . . I thought, with Peter Marshall, that we were trying to
> establish the best paper on which to pour the pigmented gelatine in order to
> make the carbon tissue itself.
>
> In this case wall lining paper does the job admirably as it is thin and porous.
> Once it has been sensitised and dried on a Perspex sheet it is beautifully
> smooth ready for exposure and transfer to the receiving tissue.

"Wall lining paper" is not a known quantity here, even at DIY stores.
Does anyone know if that could be what we call "shelf paper", which is a
rather thin white paper for lining kitchen cabinets and drawers, which may
now be quite hard to get (in favor of plastic or plastic- coated with
bunny rabbits and self-adhesive backing)?

Jusy