Re: Homemade Pigment Tissue?

s carl king (sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Fri, 2 Aug 1996 08:37:01 -0400 (EDT)

Alex Nanson wrote:

> With regard to the use of fixed out unexposed photographic paper as the
> final support for a carbon print. I have read (Handbook of Photography,
> Henny and Dudlely 1939 ) that only non supercoated papers are suitable
> for this.

Any fixed out photographic paper can be used as the final support for
a carbon print. In carbro, where the bromide is used to chemically
tan the gelatin of carbon tissue, non supercoated papers are recommended
at the point when the sensitized tissue is mated with the bromide. This
is because the supercoating interferes with the chemical reaction and
take off is much poorer.

Sandy King

Sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu