Re: Digital Negatives - the next chapter

John Rudiak (wizard@laplaza.org)
Sun, 4 Aug 1996 10:57:13 -0600 (MDT)

On Sun, 4 Aug 1996, Beakman wrote:

> > Sure. It seems that when the palladium and platinum solutions are mixed
> > together and stored, they do not precipitate out, as the combined
> > solubility is more than the sum of its parts. This way you would have
> > your Pt/Pd solution (in whatever proportion you like) and a separate
> > Ferric Oxalate solution, which are combined in equal parts to coat.
> > Saves the time and the trouble of heating and the probability of evaporation.
> >
> > I use pipettes instead of drops, so the issue of differing drop sizes
> > doesn't enter into my methodology.
>
> This sounds like a very good idea, John. I will give it a try, and
> change my drop count accordingly. Where do you get your pipettes? It's
> about time I became more precise in my measurements.
>
> David

I got my pipettes from VWR scientific out of Denver, wwhere they are sold
in 12 packs. I have pipettes in three sizes, 10 ml graduated in 0.1 mls,
1.0 ml graduated in 0.01, and seriological pipettes which are, believe it
or not 0.1 ml (2 drops) graduated in thousandths, which I use just for
the peroxide. If you are near a good sized university with a chemistry
department you can get them from the supply window without having to buy
a dozen.

John