Re: Digital Negatives - the next chapter

John Rudiak (wizard@laplaza.org)
Sun, 4 Aug 1996 11:02:39 -0600 (MDT)

On Sun, 4 Aug 1996, Terry King wrote:

> Droppers
>

> >This sounds like a very good idea, John. I will give it a try, and
> >change my drop count accordingly. Where do you get your pipettes? It's
> >about time I became more precise in my measurements.
> .
>
> Pasteur pipettes will give you different numbers of drops per ml depending on
> the size of the specified orifice . I use the twenty drop version. This gives
> more accurate measurement than straight pipettes or dropper bottles or syringes.
> They are easy to use and cheap.
>
> Terry King
> The rationale for using *graduated* pipettes is to eliminate the
variation in drop sizes, and rely on volumetric measurement. I suppose
this is an example of differing meanings for the word pipette on either
side of the pond, or my remission for specifying graduated pipette.
Thanks for the opportunity to clarify, in either case.

John