Re: Mordancage process

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Tue, 27 Aug 1996 17:19:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 27 Aug 1996, David G. Rigg C.P.P., F-PPC wrote:

> Greetings Earthlings...
>
> I am interested in corresponding with anyone who has worked with the
> French process "Mordancage".

David, I haven't looked it up, but as I recall, the spelling is
"mordencage," with of course accent under the "c." I did it some, years
ago -- if you mean the copper sulphate/hydrogen peroxide bleach where you
wash out the softened silver in hot water, then re-expose to make a
reversal, which may or may not have visible raised effect, as the
gelatine under it dissolves with the original silver image, exposing the
paper base ...

Once you have a formula (Glafkides?), I think you more or less have to
wing it, as my impression was it's different with different papers,
tho not *that* different (I mean nothing like gumbi!), & once you get the
wavelength, not difficult.....

Judy