Re:The perfect mist

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Wed, 28 Aug 1996 09:30:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 28 Aug 1996 LLSFe@aol.com wrote:

> I have been achieving an extremely fine and highly controllable mist for
> years by using distilled water and an airbrush. I use the device to wet areas
> or to put a "frost" of "condensation" on food and beverage shots in my
> commercial photography studio. Airbrushes are only a little more expensive
> than upscale gardening accessories and with most of the commercial
> illustrators having gone to MacIntoshes, there may be many used ones on the
> market.

The airbrush is an ingenious idea, but I fear would take up more space
than a Dahlia, & I'm sure needs a certain amount of skill. Does yours use
a compressor? (Noisy?). However, someone on the list mentioned a $12 mini
or semi-airbrush last year from Pearl paint, which may have a resident
propellant. (I can't import any more equipment tell I dump a few things.)

Meanwhile, I'm hoping Bas or someone will describe the form & operation of
the Dahlia for us. The comment that the drops from an ordinary spray are
uneven describes a good part of the problem -- you think you'll settle
for a spray, but then "rocks" fall out of the sky...

> Finally, Judy, I wonder if it is even appropriate to call them "misters?"

Maybe so... could we call them "Hectors"?

Judy