Re: Revival

Karen Molloy (Karen_Molloy.PILOT@pilotsw.com)
9 Sep 96 10:04:28 EDT

Peter Marshall wrote:

>Now of course everybody and his or her dog are doing it. Partly this is
>because of a new eclecticism (we could call it post-modernism but this would
>probably spark off a lengthy and ultimately sterile debate) and partly I
>think it is a kind of Luddite rearguard action.

One artist's non-historical perspective --

I don't know anything about the history of alternative process revival, but I
guess I fall in to the abovementioned group: "Now of course everybody and his
or her dog are doing it. "

Alternative processes affords artists the opportunity to mix photography
imagery in with other mediums with processes that seem akin to painting and
printmaking.

I got into alternative processes as a way of incorporating photographic images
into my mixed media work on paper (including handmade books) and my fabric
collages. My background is in other mediums, not photography. (But I'm no
Luddite; I love working in PhotoShop too :)

Karen Molloy
kmolloy@pilotsw.com