Re: Alcohol type of Pigment-sensitiser

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 19:39:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 18 Sep 1996, Flesch Ba'lint [.hu] wrote:

> Klaus (or others when he is not on the wire),
>
> >Klaus rolled a mix of half alcohol (isopropyl or rubbing alcohol), half 10%
> >dichromate with a sponge roller onto the pigment sheet in a room about 75
> >degrees F, then hung to dry. No problems that I could tell from the
>
> What is the reason of isopropyl alcohol (compare with others)?

Hi Balint,

I think it was just because the isopropyl is cheap and easy to get at the
corner drugstore (not quite what that sounds like, of course, maybe you
say "apothecary"?), even the supermarket, and seems to do the job OK. A
pint of rubbing alcohol is about 69 cents... and you could use it for
after-shave, too.

The idea, as I understood it, is simply to speed up drying -- but maybe
Sandy has another idea ..... For instance, why acetone?

Judy