Re: "alternative"

rdalrymple (dalrymple@hidesert.com)
Sat, 21 Sep 1996 09:16:35 -0700

Keith Schreiber wrote:

> Please post your question again. I will try to help either on list or
> off. Gum is not my area of expertise (though I have dabbled in it
> before and surely will again), but the various methods of making
>
> Keith
> Keith Schreiber
> Rights and Reproductions
> Center for Creative Photography
> University of Arizona
> Tucson, Arizona 85721
> Fon: 520-621-7968
> Fax: 520-621-9444
> Email: keith@ccp.arizona.edu
> WWW: http://www.ccp.arizona.edu/ccp.html

Michael and Keith,

Thank you for your replies. My original questions were more out of
curiosity, and for the purpose of starting a conversation on negatives,
more than any thing else (I think that is what caused my problems on the
list).

I asked how many negatives, and if negatives used were high contrast or
continuous tone when gum printing. I have done most printing with at
least three negatives and up to seven for one print (using a different
color with each negative).

I also ad color with pastels, watercolor and/or ink when I am done
printing. In the world of "true alternative printing" is this degrading
the product? I am interested in hearing your replies.

Perhaps if this conversation is not wanted on the list, we could "talk"
through our e-mail (not meant to be snide--an honest suggestion for an
alternative to the list).

Marilyn