Re: Presentation of alt. prints

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Thu, 26 Sep 1996 01:51:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 26 Sep 1996 SPGraphic@aol.com wrote:
> I've used a glass called Crystal Vue which is amazingly transparent. It has
> an anti-reflective coating on it (possibly similar to coatings on lenses?)
> Reflections are almost completely eliminated, making it difficult to see the
> glass. You have to be careful when cleaning the glass not to damage the
> coating. Its quite expensive (last price I saw was $175 for 24 square feet),
> but the additional cost for a small frame isn't really that bad...

I may have leapt to false conclusion, extrapolating from other examples
... there is by the way a special cleaner for the glass, which is
probably worth the (relatively) small extra investment. I figure that
considering the investment in time & supplies, cost of glass is minor.
However, I didn't think the Denglas made a terrific difference on platinum
or plain monochrome (kallitype, etc.). Where it was amazing was with a
print in color(s)... and it seemed to mask the tactility of gum less than
plain glass.

Judy