Re: Imaging

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Thu, 26 Sep 1996 01:42:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 25 Sep 1996, Beakman wrote:
> film full of holes! And the pain is great I tell you. O' the slow but
> steady march to the grave for such a glorious and noble format as 5x7! O'
> woe is me...

David I agree that 5x7 is an excellent format -- although it had
practically disappeared before I first stepped into a darkroom, which was
in September 1978. I guess you could blame me for not having
started sooner (I blame myself) .... but I'm worried about the 16 by 20!

Because 5x7 is much too small for a gum print. I suppose, given the cost
of platinum,you might like that as final print size, but a gum smaller
than 8x10 is hardly worth the trouble...

cheers,

Judy