Re: sumi/carbon tissue

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Wed, 9 Oct 96 07:41 BST-1

> Hi Judy,
>
> In the November/December 1990 issue of View Camera I was asked by Steve
> Simmons to write an article on carbon printing. In the article, I outlined
my
> method of using the liquid sumi ink (green bottle) wich makes great prints.
> Its color is also easy to manipulate. The cover was reproduced from a four
> color carbon print I made of wild grape leaves in fall colors from Chico CA.
> First and last time I've been published....great learning experience! I
think
> I have some extra copies if that would help anyone.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Michael Sandquist

Michael

Good to hear from you - I'm sure it will have been your article from which I
took some of the information that I used when making my carbon tissue, though
I also had found a number of other sources on this. At the time I only
scribbled down some brief notes from a copy someone had brought to a class and
parts of these - including your name - were not legible when I came to read
them.

I'm not sure how much my final attempts deviated from your instructions -
certainly these were most useful and now I know the details I'll make sure to
acknowledge you in any future mentions of this.

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows, Dragonfire and elsewhere:
http://faraday.clas.virginia.edu/~ds8s/
Family Pictures & Gay Pride: http://www.dragonfire.net/~gallery/
and: http://www.speltlib.demon.co.uk/