Re: Stouffer step tablets

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Sat, 19 Oct 1996 01:23:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 18 Oct 1996, Terry King wrote:

> Judy said:
>

> > In fact the first
> > assignment I give in gum printing is exactly to make 3 exposures with a
> > 21-step, develop one for 1/2 hour, one for 1 hour, and one for a time of
> > the student's choosing up to 24 hours. ....... >>
>
> What kind of candle are you using for the exposures ?

The assignment is to "expose for three minutes exactly." That's under the
blacklight fluorescent bulb system (BL) we have in the classroom -- 4
fixtures of four 4-foot bulbs each (total 16 bulbs), which are about 3
inches from paper stage. Three minutes is an average exposure for an
average gum negative.

Judy