Re: dry pigment for carbon tissue

Luis Nadeau (awef6t@mrburns.mi.net)
Sat, 19 Oct 1996 01:11:55 +0300

Al wrote:

>I have read suggestions that the gelatin on the *final* transfer sheet, after
>development and cold wash, could be hardened in alum (standard silver/gelatin
>hardener) for greater protection, or if another layer was to be transfered, say
>for tricolor printing.

I may have been the one who suggested the latter part of this sentence in
some of my earlier articles or books. As it turned out, this caused
conservation problems: in some cases the layers would become separated
after a while. The extra hardening prevented a good adhesion.

>On the tissue it would immediately kill it.

Indeed it would.

Luis Nadeau
nadeaul@nbnet.nb.ca
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada