Re: UV Unit Update?

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Mon, 21 Oct 1996 00:36:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 21 Oct 1996, Sandy King wrote:

> By the way, Phil Davis did report good results in gum with G.E. Daylight
> tubes.

Like Steve says, what are "good results"?

My tests with the "Daylight" bulbs showed many fewer steps, ie., shorter
scale, with the highest step like stepping off the Grand Canyon. Since
Phil said in part 2 of his gum article that gum can't do a full range in
one coat,and since I find it can, and not noticing any other factor to
account for the difference, I assumed the bulbs were it. (The Daylight
bulbs' being 3 times slower doesn't bother me, since 9 minutes instead of
3 minutes isn't serious.)

Judy