Re: Cost of Pt ? - follow on to Kallitypes

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Tue, 29 Oct 96 07:42 GMT0

<< Doug, by PF I assime you mean Photographers Formulary? Their prices are
about 4x what Bostick and Sullivan charge for the same material. I can't
imanage that I'm paying more than $2-$3 for an 8x10. >>

I think the prices are very dependent on the quantity of materials you
purchase - at least they are here. If you buy in small amounts you can end up
paying a very high price per print.

Also the cost is obviously going to depend on your success rate. There have
been times when I've thrown away rather a lot of prints to get one I really
felt was successful - but then that applies perhaps even more to silver
printing.

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows, Dragonfire and elsewhere:
http://faraday.clas.virginia.edu/~ds8s/
Family Pictures & Gay Pride: http://www.dragonfire.net/~gallery/
and: http://www.speltlib.demon.co.uk/