Re: Bad news: Agfa film will be discontinued

sal (sal@www.napc.com)
Fri, 08 Nov 1996 10:57:55 -0500

Pollmeier Klaus wrote:

> AGFA will discontinue the production of their big continuous tone films, like
> N31p or GO210p and all the others belonging to that product family. Last batch
> will be coated in January 1997, than they'll sell it for 5 more years or so. And
> then we switch to wet collodion again...
>
> Klaus

I would be interested to know where this information came from. I work
for the Palladio Company which has been selling the Agfa N31p since at
least 1990. This is probably the fifht or sixth time that I have heard
that the film has been or will be discontinued in the past 3 years. We
are currently offering sizes from 4 x 5" up to rolls of 43" x 100'. I
know this list is not for selling stuff. I'm just trying to illustrate
that I have never heard this from an Agfa rep or from our distributer.
However, if there is truth to this, I would love to know the source.

Sal Mancini
PALLADIO