Re: light table (fwd)

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Sun, 1 Dec 1996 15:50:44 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 1 Dec 1996 wmlaven@well.com wrote:
> box made so that your contact frame will flip over, face down, and sit on
> top of the box, sealing it and eliminating any UV from leaking out (good,
> beccause you may not "see" it, but UV is in the dakroom and its bad for
> your eyes). The nice things about this type of unit is for those with small

Of course it's always better to err on the side of safety, but as I
understand the operation of Black Light fluorescent bulbs, they may emit a
certain amount of light below the visible spectrum, but still, we see
light when the bulbs are on. In other words, if light escapes from your
light table, it might include wavelengths not visible to us, but we would
still see light, hence know UV was nigh.

Judy