Re: Tasty Photography

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Mon, 23 Dec 96 18:06 GMT0

> Macy,
>
> I have been working with two cyanotype formulas for some time as well
> as various toners. Mike Ware's "new" cyanotype process sounds exciting.
> I intend to try it very soon. When I get some results, I will let you
> know what happened.
>
> Bob Schramm

Are these the same formulas that Mike published a few years ago over here in
the UK?

If so I used them when Mike first published them and got prints exactly
similar to those using the old methods. Certainly now I couldn't tell them
apart unless I had made a note on the back.

There was one big advantage, which was that exposure times were reduced -
similar to those I got with kallitype or platinum rather than being 2 or 3
times as long.

However I know some people have had problems with using the traditional
methods that I have been fortunate never to experience. So I've kept to the
old methods for simplicity. However if I was buying prepared solutions and had
the choice I would go for the 'improved' version simply because of the
increased speed.

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows, Dragonfire and elsewhere:
http://faraday.clas.virginia.edu/~ds8s/
Family Pictures & Gay Pride: http://www.dragonfire.net/~gallery/
and: http://www.speltlib.demon.co.uk/