Re: Liquid Light and Rice Papers

Luis Nadeau ()
Fri, 17 January 1997 10:11 AM

Jeff wrote:

>Stanley Greenberg wrote:
>>

>> If I remember correctly, some of the last work that Mapplethorpe did was
>> printed on linen, and extremely beautiful.
>>

>Stan,
>
>Hate to disappoint you but, Mapplethorpe did not print that work. The
>platinum palladium prints were made by Sal Lopes. Sal is a master

It might be more accurate to say that Sal is one of the printers who made
the Mapplethorpe prints. I don't have my interview notes at hand but the
most recent edition jcmjohn@ix.netcom.com (3rd) of my platinum book mentions the work of both
Martin Axon and Sal Lopes. I think Axon is still the only one who makes Pt
on canvas.

If Sal is still lurking on this list he might be able to clarify this.

Luis Nadeau
nadeaul@nbnet.nb.ca
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada