Re: The "reply" button

Terry King ( henk.thijs@eurocontrol.be)
Mon, 20 January 1997 2:35 AM

Jodie

>This means that when replying from a PC based mail system, the reply
button
>will usually send your response to the person who originally wrote the
message.
>Hitting "reply-all" would send the message to the original author plus the
>mailing list, with the result that the original poster will get two
copies. If
>you want to reply only to the list, you typically have to manually change
the
>"to:" address.

>My personal preference is to use a mailer that asks which address to use
when
>both are present.

Thank you for your helpful advice.

The main trouble I find is that if one complains to Compuserve about these
niggling illogicalities, one is told that that is the way it works; as if
it was writ in stone. When they do try to improve things further
illogicalities get introduced. Further complaint leads to the comment '
Well you can get programs to overccome the difficulty'. It does not seem
to occur to them that thaey should have ot it right in the first place.
Under their current 'front end' manually readdressing loses the ability to
quote without rewriting. For the moment I apologise, again, but I will
press the 'reply all' button untill Compuserve gives methe choice.

Terry

Terry