Re: Names, names...

Catherine Rogers ()
Wed, 22 January 1997 5:55 PM

> On Wed, 22 Jan 1997, Jack Fulton wrote:
> > Now, I do teach a course entitled Materials & Methods or is it Methods
> > and Materials. It does cover salt, VDB, cyan, Polaroid, emulsion peel,
> > montage, liquid emulsion though I often don't cover the Cyan and VDB due

> ...snipety snip...
>
> But has anyone besides me thought of "List Photography"?
>
> Judy

Judy, Hello...(another drought is broken)
I think "List photography" is pretty good - a kind of "in" reference, and it
explains or describes absolutely nothing - not literally that is. Good one!! I
really like it!!

I was telling a friend of mine tox@remarque.berkeley.edu (who is an anthropologist, I think this fact is
significant here) about the list's name discussion and she said - immediately I
might add - what about *Authentic Photography*?
I like that too, in fact that is what I am going to name what I do from now on
I think. I can see some arguments coming up already. I've got the rest of the
summer to formulate some good replies.
I'm off to the beach now, I'm going for a swim in an ocean of cyanotype.

Catherine Rogers