Re: Names, names...

Judy Seigel ()
Wed, 22 January 1997 10:33 PM

On Thu, 23 Jan 1997, Terry King wrote:

> Message text written by Judy Seigel
> >But has anyone besides me thought of "List Photography"?
> <
>
> At what angle, after how much and can the photographer still focus ?
> Terry

I was about to complain that you baffle me some more, Terry, but finally
"got" it. I'd say the connotation of being somewhat "off" or sideways
would probably be a plus.

But that's not why I'm writing. I'm writing to point out that while we
are splitting hairs about is/is not silver, why/because iron and so forth,
the opportunity to point out that bromoil and carbro (among others I
suppose) originate with silver bromide paper has been completely
overlooked.

I of course being as guilty as the next person in this regard. And
speaking of guilt, please permit me to add that I have been consumed with
guilt and remorse ever since I made a foolish extravagant intemperate
response to a serious name idea...was it just yesterday? My only excuse is
a mutant hyperbole gene (which I have, btw, transmitted to both offspring,
tho that is neither here nor there). Anyway, sorry.

j.r.anderson@mds.qmw.ac.uk (Support Hyperbole Research!)

Judy