Re: VC Paper

Frank M. Tate (t8morrow@mako.com)
Sat, 25 Jan 1997 17:04:03 +0000

Jonathan Bailey wrote:

> >To: alt-photo-process-1@usask.ca
> >From: quryhous@midcoast.com (Jonathan Bailey)
> >Subject: VC Paper
> >
> >Eduardo-
> >
> >I highly recommend the "Poly-warm" Fortezo made by Forte - a variable
> contrast warm toned paper. Very lush, silver rich and beautiful. Forte
> also makes a neutral/cold tone VC which I can recommend.
> >
> >Good luck!
> >
> >Jon Bailey

Jon,
I have also used and continue to use fiber-based Forte poly-warm tone
paper with great results. I am curious as to what developer(s) you use
with these papers. I have used dektol, though I find it preferable to
selenium tone prints developed in it in order to reduce the greenish
cast that can be produced. I also used ektonol but found the results too
soft for my purposes. The best results I have archived are with
Zonal-pro's HB
developer.

Frank Tate