Re: No Digest

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 14:43:07 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 30 Jan 1997, Grant Wilson wrote:

> I consider the transition to the current method
> of distribution to be a particularly poor policy decision on somebody's part.

Grant, if you were so kind as to take over the list with a BETTER policy
decision, also for free, a daily grind of IMMENSE proportions, above and
beyond one's ordinary life's tasks, entirely unremunerated except in our
love and appreciation, yet with infinite squawks from lurkers (I would say
"free-loaders" except this list frowns on flames), as I say, if you took
on this enormous labor and responsibility out there in Nanospace, I'm sure
you could get permission and even a thank you every so often, once a month
even, maybe, if you're lucky...

No, I'm not done yet... Steve carried this list a full year, at least,
longer than was really feasible for him...He did it cheerfully, though it
must have haunted him day and night. We were THRILLED that Gord was
willing and able to take it over. That there are for the moment some small
(and I do mean SMALL) disadvantages is too bad. I mean your utterly FREE
education will have to end, it seems, due to your inability to find a
server with a delete button. Right now, however, your sense of entitlement
simply takes my breath away...

Cheers,

Judy