Re: sprint reversal

John Rudiak (wizard@laplaza.org)
Wed, 05 Feb 1997 16:07:35 -0700 (MST)

On Sat, 1 Feb 1997, Judy Seigel wrote:

> John, do you mean that you *copied* the print with film in the camera &
> reversal processed to get a positive? With 35mm, or large format?
>
> Did you consider simply contacting the print to get a negative directly --
> or did you want a larger size. Or.....?
>
> Judy

Yes, I "copied" the print with a 4X5 camera and reversal processed it to
get a 4X5 positive, from which I then generated a 11X14 enlarged negative.
When I get a job where the maker did a lot of dodging and burning to come
up with a print that differs greatly from his original negative, I find it
more expedient to work from his print rather rthan try to do all the
necessary doging and burning on the positive and negative I make from his
negative.

Can't contact the prints because of the presence of paper fibres which
would show up, and would still result in another step.

Hope this answers more clearly.

John