Re: pinhole camera film holders

George L Smyth (GLSmyth@ari.net)
Wed, 12 Feb 1997 17:12:19 -0500

Mac Cosgrove-Davies wrote:

> There was a thread on this list several months back on
> home-made cameras (I think the phrase was "DIY cameras"). DIY
> film holders were included. Perhaps someone more able than I
> could illuminate this discussion with a peek at the archives.

Perhaps this is what you're looking for. It's in the 9612-3 archive and
is only a small portion of a much larger message relating to the 10X8
ULT Camera.

george

>From Grafist@aol.com Tue Dec 10 04:45:12 1996
D o I t Y ourself
holders are made of 1mm thick mounting board. I made a template from 1mm
Formica sheet with holes drilled accurately at the corner points where
you
cut through the board using steel ruler (also pinned down with thumb
tacks
whilst cutting) and very sharp blade so as to ensure complete accuracy.
Using
hardwood strips fitted at viewing end with light trap edge surfaces
lined
with velvet tape glued on, the neg holders slide neatly into place. One
holder has a permanent plexiglass screen dulled up with domestic
scouring
powder (Ajax or Vim) to allow for positioning of the subject.

--
 Handmade Photographic Images
  http://www2.ari.net/glsmyth/