Re: Paper,e.g.,Cranes parchmont/ment

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 23:16:14 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 13 Feb 1997, Richard Sullivan wrote:

> I just took off a lable on a big pack of what we sell as Parchmont Wove.
> On one end it says "Crane's Cover", on the other "Crest Natural White
> Wove." The former name of this paper was Parchmont Wove. It is no. 2091.

But Dick,

1. Have you ever seen "Parchmont Wove" in print from the Crane's
company? I am told that *they* spelled it "Parchment." If so, I surmise
that you are the source of the "mont."

2. David said "wove" means the kind of finish, as opposed to say, a
"laid" finish.

3. Nobody has told me yet why Cranes Parchment/mont-Wove-Cover is liked
for platinum printing. (Though you do make a nice buzz for Crane's
Platinotype.)

Judy