Re: Zipped Archives are available for downloading.

Jonathon Russell (Hylandscot@voyager.net)
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 13:23:18 +0000

Gregory Walker wrote:

> I have zipped up each of the subdirectories of the WWW archives
> of this mailing list and made them available at the archive web site.
> Be aware that the complete, expanded archive requires over 28 megabytes
> of disk space, so downloading them is not for the faint-of-heart,
> slow-of-link or small-of-disk. :-)
>
> Also be aware that the directory for 1997 will be growing as I add
> the new messages to it. I will update the ZIP file each time as
> well.
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Gregory Walker gwalker@netcom.com
> Alt-Photo-Process Archives -- http://www.zilker.net/~gwalker/altphoto/
> Digital Daguerreian Archive Project -- http://www.zilker.net/~gwalker/digidag/

Dear one and all,
I am not faint-of-heart, slow-of-link or small-of-disk; I am
a confirmed MAC user. Any help on how to "unzip" the archives would be
much appreciated. I do have an utility called "unzip5.01" and it is
refusing to open the files telling me that they are not valid zip files.
HELP!!!

Regards to all,

Jonathon Russell

--