Re: UV transparency

REMKiksAss@aol.com
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 17:18:37 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 97-02-27 14:31:52 EST, Klaus Pollmeier wrote:

> Cor, that is great work. Thanks a lot. Another thing I would find
interesting:
> The spectral sensitivties of the main alternative processes and the uv
> transparency of glass plates. I thought I had a source here but don't.
> Maybe here lies the secret, why for some people the daylight fluorescent
> tubes
> worked, and for others they didn't?

All you need to block the UV coming out of a flourescent light tube is clear
plastic. Kitchen plastic wrap will work. Therefore many manufacturers of
flourescent tubes put the plastic coating on the glass. They sometimes use a
plastic tube over top of the glass one, this helps prevent breakage, and if
the glass breaks the pieces are contained.

Matt Deming