Re: The Archives

Cor Breukel (cor@ruly46.medfac.leidenuniv.nl)
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 09:19:30 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 27 Feb 1997, Michael J. Coslo wrote:

<snip>
> the largest archives present me with a problem. When I try to open the
> files in Netscape, I get a message that there are too many files to
> list.Netscape will not show mopre than the first 1000 files. This would be

Mike,

I did the same, but both Netscape 2.0 and 3.0 for windows didn't give me
that problem, (for file 96a you end up with around 3.000 files!) but it
took quite some time to move all the different subdirectories into one
(year) directory. Almost felt sorry for the Hard disk. But once your ready
you do have a giant amount of data which is easy accessable (sp?), very
usefull, but somtimes very conflicting, but that's inherent to the
list..;-)..

Good luck and a big thanks to all the contributers to the aschives and
esp. Gregory Walker who put it all toghether!

Cor Breukel
http://ruly70.medfac.leidenuniv.nl/~cor/cor.html
"The Infrared Gallery"
http://ruly70.medfac.leidenuniv.nl/~cor/ir-gallery.html