Janet's message

Ron Silvers (rsilvers@oise.utoronto.ca)
Mon, 07 Apr 1997 11:37:36 -0400 (EDT)

Why don't people wake up to the fact that the more they try to restrict
discussion, the weaker the list becomes. This is what has taken place in
the past couple of months. And it is again exemplified in Gasparinho's
response to Janet's message. As found in earlier threads, he tries to
justify restricting list messages to thoses with only technical reasoning.

But there are those of us who move not only within but also beyond
technique, and frankly we will not be quiet or restrict our discussions.
BTW, I found Janet's message to be entirely appropriate to the list.

Ron