Re: Palladium BWK, warmer tones

Beakman (beakman@netcom.com)
Mon, 05 May 1997 06:30:25 -0700 (PDT)

I wrote:

> > Finally, I'm not sure whether I want the added warmth of the heated
> > developer or not, just yet. But in case I do, does anyone have good
> > suggestions for heating the developer up to steaming temp. I have been
> > putting a brown plastic half-gallon jug in a water bath, but it gets so
> > soft when hot that it makes me nervous. :)

To which Judy, who is not normally seen hanging around with us Pt/Pd
deviants, replied:

> Try sticking one or, depending on volume, two, of those coils sold for
> making tea in your hotel room in the tray. Tape them onto the edge.
> They'll make developer nice and steamy, but temperature won't be constant.
> I also heat things in the "souper" (an electric soup heater daughter had
> at college). Surprisingly quick, but again, no temperature control.

I'm wondering if the metal at the bottom of a "Hot Pot" (that's what we
called them when I was in college, anyway) or the metal immersion coils
would react with the developer or muck up the print in any way by
percipitating some metals or somesuch. Anyone have an answer?

"I'll take Bathroom Chem. Labs for $1000, Alex."

David