Re: Naarden fotofestival

Cor Breukel (cor@ruly46.medfac.leidenuniv.nl)
Thu, 22 May 1997 11:39:10 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 22 May 1997, Gary Auerbach wrote:

Can only fully agree on Gary's comment, but there are only a few
alt. photographs compaired to the vast amount of more or less " standard"
photographs. I did see a nice set of big (about 50 by 100 cm) portraits
printed on nice watercolor paper. The looked like hughe Pd prints
(though I am no expert on this), but the were actualy some kind of prints
from a computer printer (there were some "drip" marks on one of them,
water from the ceiling, it's an old fort, but nevertheless a shame anyway)

So if you have a change, visit it!

> Last week I had the good fortune to visit Amsterdam. While
there > I saw the opening of the World Press Photography Show, but what
> was much better was the photography show at the old fortified
> city of Naarden, outside of Amsterdam by 20 minutes by rail.
> fotofestival naarden
> Great setting (bring your large format camera). Venues thruout
> this rustic village. great variety of images to view from
> photojournalistic, commercial, and alternative process.
>
> They had dags by Peter Bersch
> Heliogravures by Mieke Biljveld
> platinum by Roger Kockaerts
> cyanotypes by jan van Leewen. He was there when I saw the show.
> great work. His career took off after a Houston Photofest.
>
> callitype by Michiel Kort.
>
> URL for the festival is
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~wubbo/naarden.html
> It runs from May 8 to June 1
>
> Hope you can get by to see this show, its a good one.
>
> Gary Auerbach
> http://www.azstarnet.com/platinum

Cor Breukel

http://ruly70.medfac.leidenuniv.nl/~cor/cor.html